This is normally seen that most employees and workers are not properly aware of UAN Activation and Registration Process & how to properly maintain their UAN and PF accounts. Also, they are operating this causally not understand the importance of this. But when they are very needed it found them helpless and in very problematic situations.
Some of the basic and common problems mentioned below they face:
- Do not know his or her UAN Number
- Do not know how to use UAN portal and how to active UAN
- What to do if two UANs are generated wrongly by the employer is how to merge into one UAN number.
- How to see the passbook of their PF Balance
- How to merge or transfer all previous company’s PF into one company
- Companies left and shut down not able to contact employers in that situation how to know their UAN number
- Have very old PF numbers on how to generate UAN numbers for this
- The employee can not withdraw or transfer his PF account amount due to his data mismatch as per records (which do not match with the Aadhar details)
- How to correct wrong details in UAN like date of birth, his name, father’s name etc.
Here I try my level best to satisfy all these types of queries:
First of all employee or worker should take care below things which help him to operate properly his UAN employee portal.
- Keep updating his or her Aadhar details with correct data of him like proper full name, date of birth etc
- His or her mobile number must be linked with Aadhar
- His or her Bank name should be matched with the Aadhar details
- His or her PAN details should be matched with the Aadhar.
Now if you know your UAN number (you can find it in your monthly pay slip or ask your HR)
Then do follow the steps to activate this:
2. Click on Activate Uan
Provide your Uan Number
Date of Birth
You will get OTP on your registered mobile number
Submit that and you will be redirected to generate a password.
If you do not know your UAN number
Click on know your UAN
And submit Aadhar linked mobile number captcha and submit
You will receive your UAN number on your mobile number.
If you have your PF number but do not have UAN, to know UAN follow the below process
Click on UAN allotment on existing PF
Provide aadhar linked mobile number and fill the captcha
You will receive it on your mobile
After successful UAN activation and registration to you on the EPFO member UAN portal. Keep a login and do the first few below things on priority.
Submit Nominee details
Upload and submit all your basic KYC details
Bank detail with IFSC code, Aadhar detail and Pan detail. (after submission this will go employer for DSC approval)
Check your service history (all employers details)
Merge all companies detail in the latest company (current or last company)
Provide UAn number and choose approval for the present employer or past you want
This will go to the employer for DSC approval after that it’s merged into one account.
- Why are two UANs generated for an employee and how do merge them into one UAN?
Mostly this type of error was done in the past few years before when Aadhar seeded details are not mandatory. For example, an employee gave his details to employee Pan etc. and his UAn was generated after that he left the job and join another company but did not give his past UAN number to the current employer. The current employer also registers him into the EPFO portal and generate an new UAN number.
If this type of error happened do one thing, must update your Aadhar into both UAN numbers.
Once you update it then follow the process of one member one EPF account and transferring old pf account details into the new one.
If Employee cannot withdraw or transfer his PF account amount due to his data mismatch as per records (do not match with the Aadhar details)
And How to correct wrong details in UAN like date of birth, his name, father’s name etc.
Click on your profile and check your details you will find a change button for all entries at the right
Click on that if details you want to change (make sure data should be correct in Aadhar) and submit this, this will go to the employer for DSC approval.
Please note if you are not able to change or correct your data online in that case you can do it manually also. For that purpose, you need to download the “Joint declaration form” from the EPFO site. And provide in the field which one date needs to correct. (attached is proper documentary proof ) duly signed by this by both employee and employer and submit to EPFO office. This will take a few days’ time to correct.
After all these successful doing. Now you are able to do the below things:
- See your EPFO Passbook
- Transfer your EPFO balance from previous companies
- Housing loan from PF
- Medical Loan from PF
- Covid-19 Loan from PF
For all these above clicks on the Online Services button on the top right.
I hope the above article about UAN Activation and Registration Process would be useful for the viewers.
For PF and ESI Compliance solutions you can visit our website.