Head Advisor and Consultant
Satish Chandra graduated from Mewar University, India, and has practiced at the Delhi High Court, Delhi District Courts, and various Tribunals in and around New Delhi provided advisory management and legal guidance to different start-up firms and non-profit organizations in Programme Management and Impact Assessment, aligned with global sustainable development goals. Apart from being an expert in the Law, Dr. Chandra has acquired professional excellence spanning various academic disciplines. During his professional journey towards public management work, he has also demonstrated his legal competency skills as collateral to his assignments and proven accomplished professional competencies in quasi-judicial processes and techniques in different thematic areas of Law. To name a few domain areas – such as Industrial Dispute, Labour Laws, Corporate & Commercial laws, Arbitration, and several other dimensions of the Legal Field, which is limited to India and various other countries like the USA and Afghanistan. Dr. Chandra has gained recognition as a Public Administration Expert and, in the process, gained continued insights into different areas of Jurisprudence and Legal Processes, recognizing the cross-cutting implications of Law with Policies and Programmes. To be topical contextually updated – continually honed the academic and work skills since 1983 as a learner and practitioner. In the second innings of his career, he seeks to contribute towards the legal profession integrated with Public Management, based on principles of ethics and values aligned with the spirit of the discipline of advocacy.
- Bachelor of Legislative Law from Mewar University, India
- Masters in Economics, TGoU, Nagaland, Delhi Chapter, India
- PhD in Management, IIT Delhi, India
- MPhil in Public Administration (Distance Education), Global Open University, Delhi Chapter, India
- MSc in Public and Non-Profit Management, New York University, USA
- MBA in Financial Management and Human Resource Management, IIBM, Patna, Bihar, India
- Diploma in Rural Management and Welfare Administration, Patna University, Patna, Bihar, India
- CAIIB in Banking and Finance, IIB, Mumbai, India (Professional Certification)
- BSc in Agriculture and AH, Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture & Technology, Kanpur,
- MBA and MS in Management from F.Wagner School of Public Policy, NYU, USA
- Certification in Consultancy Management by CDC, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India
- Certification on Public Procurement Management/Innovative Development Initiatives for developing
Countries by WB.
- Project Management – PRINCE 2 Foundation and Requisite Curriculum Completion for PMP- (120 Hours of extensive Project Management Professional Training).
- Accredited – Management Consultant by CDC, GoI
- Completed Several Courses on MOOC Platform in the area of Decentralization, Microfinance, M & A and Municipal Finance /Decentralized Governance.
- Exposed to all Service and Financial Regulations as applicable under PFMS of GoI
Work Experience (>35 Years)
- International Technical Adviser, State-Owned Enterprises, Accounting and Financial Management Adviser, Civilian Technical Assistance Programme, Ministry of Finance, Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Kabul,
- Regional Provident Fund Commissioner, Investment Monitoring Cell, Employees’ Provident Fund Organization, Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India, New
- International Sub-National Financing & Budgeting Expert, Making Budget and Aid Work, Ministry of Finance, Government of
- Business Process Re-Engineering Adviser, CTAP, Ministry of Mines on Reform of State-Owned Enterprises.
- Regional Provident Fund Commissioner (Project Management), Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation, Ministry of Labour, Government of
- International Advisor Budget & PAR (ASGP–UNDP) for
- Regional Provident Fund Commissioner (Modernisation Project), EPFO, Ministry of Labour, Government of
- Deputy Director General of Shipping, Mumbai, Ministry of Shipping, Surface Transport and Highways, Government of
- Rural Credit Officer/Development Officer, Andhra Bank Corporate Office, Hyderabad, India
Summary / Rationale for Legal cum Management Consultancy
- Having worked with Bank for seven years– appreciation and adequate knowledge in the areas of Corporate, Contract & Banking Laws including the Credit Management Compliance aspects of
- Proven work exposure to the Labour Law Related issues including CrPC, IPC, CPC, Investment and Company related legislative Provisions in the Capacity of Regional Provident Fund Commissioner for over 23
- Acquired credible experience in the areas of Arbitration and Conciliation, Administrative Laws, PPP, and Corporatization of – transition economy in Afghanistan’s conflict-ridden country for over 9
- I have pedagogical and experiential learnings on the crucial business-related legislation such as – DRT, IBC, Corporate Laws, Company Law, Forest Right, and Environmental Laws in
- I have also acquired practical exposure to the Consumer Protection Provisions of the National and Sub- National
- I have worked with different entities in the Corporate, Public sectors and at the Provincial level at the level planning, programmatic, and within the ambit of various National and State Laws of
- Exposure to the IPR, Trademark, and Copyright Laws including the Competition Commission, Cyber Laws and other different emerging Legal Streams of India owing to the Pandemic and post-pandemic restructuring plans evolving based on ESG (Environment, Social and Government) – at the National and the Sub-national Level.
With a diverse background and academic training of over 30 ( Thirty Years), Precisely with diverse experience and educational training may provide informed opinions, as an Advocate/Attorney -on various techno-legal or socio-legal aspects that are subservient upon any organizations for being compliant. Thus may contribute significantly to Criminal Law, Civil Laws, Corporate Laws, Labour Laws, or Commercial Laws. I, along with a team of learned associates, will add value to the legal management affairs of the company, given a chance to be on the panel or as an independent legal consultant with the Organization.